The Community Impact Report shares quick statistics on the total, approved hours and the cumulative economic impact of that service over time. By placing this workflow and impact metric side-by-side, Administrators can gain critical insights into their members’ performance and its resulting impact.
The blue number at the top of the Community Impact Report provides the total number of approved hours in your Community for a given date range.
- Hours that are approved by a Group in your Community
- Hours that are verified by Opportunities that your Community hosts
- All hours are de-duplicated - no matter how many groups your members submit hours to, they will only be counted in your Community’s impact one time
Each data point on the blue line represents a weekly or monthly report of the hours approved in the period between that dot's date and the previous dot's date, rounded to the nearest whole number.
For example, looking at the above Community Impact Report, one can conclude that:
- From 03/26/2018 to 04/02/2018, 712 hours were approved in this community.
- From 04/02/2018to 04/09/2018, 978 hours were approved in this community.
- The total number of hours approved in this Community from March 27 - April 26, 2018 was 2,061 (this is the summation of the 5 data points, or hours approved over each of the 14 weeks in this time period).
The green number at the top of the Community Impact Report depicts the cumulative economic impact of these approved hours rounded to the nearest dollar.
The cumulative economic impact is calculated using the estimated value of volunteer time, which is set by Independent Sector (details on how this figure is calculated are available here). To determine the economic impact of a NobleHour Community, we identify the state in which the opportunity takes place, then multiply the number of hours approved at that opportunity by the state-specific value of volunteer time.
For example, looking at the above Community Impact Report, one can conclude that the 2,061 hours served by Members provided an estimated economic impact of $49,740.
The number of Members displayed on the right side of the Community Impact Report represents the total number of Active members during the date range that submitted the reported hours.
The number of Opportunities displayed on the right side of the Community Impact Report represents the total number of Opportunities to which hours were submitted during the date range.