Our Community Health Averages provide quick insights into your Community’s average performance overall, and allow Administrators to compare individual member, group, opportunity, or community partner performance against the Community average.
The Health Averages quickly summarize the following key metrics of interest to Community Administrators:
Member Health Average
- Average hours contributed per active Member
- Proportion of all Community members who are active members
- Average hour submissions per Member
Group Health Average
- Average hours per Group
- Average active contributing members per Group
- Average submissions per Group
Opportunity Health Average
- Average hours per Opportunity
- Average active contributing members per Opportunity
- Average submissions per Opportunity
Community Partner Health Average
- Average hours volunteered by Community members per Community Partner
- Average active contributing members per Community Partner
- E.g., if this number is 1 then all community partners had 1 contributing volunteer from the community. This demonstrates the depth and breadth of member activity with your community partners.
- Average submissions per Community Partner
- This is an indicator of the average number of times community members submitted hours to your community partners, again, providing an estimate of engagement between members and your partners.
Community Administrators can compare averages for any subset of members, groups, opportunities, or community partners against the community-wide average. To do so, apply a filter for a particular individual or subset of members, groups, opportunities, or community partners (be sure to select update to rerun the report).
Once the filter is applied, the Community Health Averages report will update to display a bar chart comparing the filtered query sample to the community-wide averages (presented via dark and light blue bars).
For example, looking at the below example where the Graduating Class of 2019 is compared against the overall community’s performance, we can conclude:
Member Health Average:
- The average number of hours submitted by group members (49.7 hours/member) is almost exactly proportional to the average hours submitted by members of the Community overall (48.7 hours/member).
- The average number of contributions per group member (1.9 contributions/member) is a bit smaller than the average number of submissions per member for the Community overall (2.9 contributions/member).
- Both this group and the overall Community have an average of 1 contributor.
Group Health Average:
- The average number of hours contributed by group members (49.7 hours/member) is more than the average hours submitted by members of the Community overall (36.5 hours/group)
- The average number of hour contributions by group members is almost the same (1.9 contributions/member) as the average number of hour submissions per member across all groups in this Community (2 contributions/member).
- The average number of members who contribute hours for this group (148 members) is much higher than the average number of members who contribute hours across all groups in the Community (15.7 members).
Opportunity Health Average:
- The average number of hours contributed by group members per Opportunity (33.8 hours/opportunity) is more than the average number of hours submitted per Opportunity by members of the entire Community (28 hours/opportunity).
- The average number of contributions per Opportunity by group members (1.2 contributions/opportunity) is less than the average number of contributions per Opportunity by members of the overall Community (1.6 contributions/opportunity).
- The number of group members contributing per Opportunity (1) is similar to that for group members across the entire community (1.1).
Community Partner Health Average:
- The average number of hours volunteered by Members of this group per Community Partner (33 hours/community partner) is more than the average number volunteered by members of the Community overall (28.2 hours/community partner).
- Members of this group contributed hours to community partners an average of 1.2 times, which is less than the community-wide average (1.6 contributions/community partner).
- Both this group and the community overall had an average of 1 contributing volunteer from the Community