Impact Reports shares quick statistics on the total, approved hours and the cumulative economic impact of that service over time. By placing this workflow and impact metric side-by-side, Administrators and Members can gain critical insights into their performance and its resulting impact.
The blue number at the top of the Impact Report provides the total number of approved hours for a given date range.
Community Administrator Reports
- Hours that are approved by a Group in a Community.
- Hours that are verified by Opportunities that a Community hosts.
Organization Administrator Reports
- Hours that are verified by Opportunities that the Organization hosts.
Group Administrator Reports
- Hours that are approved by the Group.
Member Impact Reports
- Hours that are approved for the Member.
All hours are de-duplicated - no matter how many groups hours are submitted to, they will only be counted in the impact one time.
Each data point on the blue line represents a weekly or monthly report of the hours approved in the period between that dot's date and the previous dot's date, rounded to the nearest whole number.
For example, looking at the above Impact Report, one can conclude that:
- From 03/26/2018 to 04/02/2018, 712 hours were approved.
- From 04/02/2018to 04/09/2018, 978 hours were approved.
- The total number of hours approved from March 27 - April 26, 2018 was 2,061 (this is the summation of the 5 data points, or hours approved over each of the 14 weeks in this time period).
The green number at the top of the Impact Report depicts the cumulative economic impact of these approved hours rounded to the nearest dollar.
The cumulative economic impact is calculated using the estimated value of volunteer time, which is set by Independent Sector (details on how this figure is calculated are available here). To determine the economic impact, we identify the state in which the opportunity takes place, then multiply the number of hours approved at that opportunity by the state-specific value of volunteer time.
For example, looking at the above Impact Report, one can conclude that the 2,061 hours served by Members provided an estimated economic impact of $49,740.
The number of Members displayed on the right side of the Impact Report represents the total number of Active members during the date range that submitted the reported hours.
The number of Opportunities displayed on the right side of the Impact Report represents the total number of Opportunities to which hours were submitted during the date range.
Articles in this Section:
- Community Administrator Reports
- Organization Reports
- Group Reports
- Member Impact Reports
- Applying Date Ranges and Filters
- Formatting, Sorting, Filtering, and Exporting Data
- Impact Reports
- Health Averages Report
- Member Detail Report
- Group Detail Report
- Opportunity Detail Report
- Community Partner Detail Report
- Submission Status Report
- Total Impact Hours Verified Report